Texoma Fire District: Space Heater Safety


There was a fire on January 1, caused by space heaters being plugged into extension cords along with other items. This house was a total loss and the Red Cross is helping the family and when we have information as to where donations can be taken, we will let you know.

Remember, to plug space heaters directly into the outlet and keep everything 3 feet from them in all directions. Also, be sure to check the batteries in all your smoke detectors. If you do not have a smoke detector in your home, please, call Chief Todd Cissell at (580) 565-4491 and he will get one to you.

With the nice weather, you’re going to want to burn leaves but remember, DO NOT Burn on a windy day, and make sure those fires are out before leaving them unattended. If you are going to do a controlled burn call the Sheriff’s office at (580)7954-2221. You can also call Chief Cissell at

(580) 565-4491.

Anyone interested in joining the Texoma Volunteer Fire Department, please contact Chief Todd Cissell at (580) 565-4491. Everyone is welcome, men and women.

On Wednesday evenings from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., the Lighthouse United Methodist Church has a “No strings attached” meal for the community so you are all welcome to attend.